Aim: Straightening the knee.
Here is another way to help get your knee straight again. Remember pain & swelling and the the toils of surgery may not allow this to happen too easily right now but keep the faith and stick to the programme and you will get there.
What to do:
1. Sit at the edge of a chair with the heel of your operated leg on another chair.
2. Slowly pull the toes back towards the head while tensing your front thigh (the Quad) at the same time by pushing your the back of your knee toward the ground. Hold this contraction for 5-10 seconds if able.
3. Repeat 10-20 reps 4-6 times per day.
4. Respect the pain levels.
5. You should feel like you have achieved something afterwards and not feel like you are going backwards.
6. Remember the recovery process takes time. The body does heal. You will be able to walk again and a lot more than that too.
PS: What are your goals again? Keep them in your mind. Write them on the fridge to motivate you.